Rebecca Malope's shocking secret of 8 years - I am a married woman

rebecca
Yes, Rebecca Malope is a married woman and she has children! Gospel singer Rebecca Malope, better known as Sis Ribs, has kept people guessing for so many years about whether she is married or not.

The queen of gospel has remained secretive about her love life, describing herself as a person who enjoys her privacy. But Rebecca couldn't hide her joy anymore as she revealed that she is happily married and has been a married woman for the past EIGHT years!

The singer says she is no longer available on the market.

"I'm very much taken but I love my privacy and this is about me, my husband and family. I'm happily married to Themba Tshabalala. We have been married for eight years now," she said.

Feeling compelled to reveal more about her hubby's identity, Rebecca explained that Themba is not in the entertainment industry. She continues to clear the air about media reports that Themba used to be her driver, explaining that she is always in the car with her husband or her son, and that she doesn't understand the confusion.

"Themba and I are human and adults and we don't let the fact that I'm a celebrity interfere with what we have," she asserts.

"Themba and I were friends for a year before getting in a relationship. Being friends first was good because we got to know each other better, as it can be difficult to find a person who will support and love you genuinely," she said, adding that men sometimes claim to love her because she is the queen of gospel.

Rebecca says being a mother meant she needed to get approval from her three children before agreeing to get serious with Themba.

"He is very kind and loving person. They demanded to see him and they loved him and he likes them too," she said.

The gospel star says what she loved most about her husband is that he loves God and they both respect each other.

In a previous interview, Rebecca said she would be going back to school to further her education, something that she says is very close to her heart. However, so far, the songbird says she hasn't managed to get that certificate she was hoping for.

"My dream is to become a psychologist, but I left school in Standard 2 (Grade 4)," she revealed.

The 47-year-old mother says her studies have been put on ice because she is often away with work.

"Hopefully when I retire in three years time I will get the time to study. I'm old now. I used to wear high heeled shoes and show people that I can walk and jump in heels. But if God allows me, I might carry on with my career even after reaching the age of 50," she said.

Though Sis Ribs released an album last September, she says she is working on her 36th album which she hopes to release next Easter.

"My last album, Ama VIP, is doing well even though piracy is affecting sales. It's unlike before when we sold platinum (sales exceeding 50,000 copies), but by the grace of God the album is doing well," she said.

"As an artist you can't left fame go to your head and take your work for granted. You need to inspire those you work with and make them wish they could do it as good as you"
Tagged: